Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Want...

This is an "I Want..." post. Yes, it is self absorbed. No, it is not all materialistic. Maybe, you should sit down and take a moment to think what it is you want as well. It's very therapeutic.


1. I want to have a career.
- For the past few years I have gone back and forth with what I want to be in life, what I want to do, what I need to accomplish. At this point in time, I want a job that will take me places, not to be the richest woman alive, or even be well known and liked by many. I want to be financially stable in this rocky road of an economy. I don't want June to come and be left high and dry without a penny to my name or left to fend for myself in the jobless economy.

2. I want a house to call my own.
- Justine and I finally agreed that this will be the year we take the plunge and purchase a house before the housing market starts to rise again. I have gypsy blood in me, I know it. Ever since I graduated high school (2006) I have moved once a year, and in 2007 I actually moved twice. I want a small house that Justine and I can start a family in. A place, where the boys can dig in the yard and pee on the trees and know they won't have to pack up their toys and huff them somewhere else. I want to put my roots in the ground and let them sink in deep without worrying whether or not someone will break the lease and we'll have to leave or struggle to find another roommate.

3. I want to graduate and be an adult.
-Even though I pay my way and am responsible, employers and other people see me as just another college student. An over educated punk. I want to make my parents proud and be the first on my Dad's side to graduate a 4 year university and hold a degree higher than high school or GED.

4. I want to start living.
-Going to school and working part time, makes me feel like I'm waiting for something. I can't do what I want because I'm still in school and my parents see me as a child still. I want to do what I want to do and when I want to do it. I don't want this feeling that I'm waiting for something to happen so I can finally start living my life.

What do you want?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online