Monday, November 10, 2008

Decisions, Decisions.

Lately, I have been feeling rather scatter brained. Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Continuously thinking, rethinking, evaluating and reevaluating my situation. My life. My future. This past week was amazing and yet at the exact same time heart breaking. Obama was elected president of the United States (I'm sure everyone knows this) and yet in my home state of California, my rights, as well as millions of other homosexuals, were taken away. Now, I do not want to dwindle on the subject as I have spent many a nights crying because of this result, but I must say my heart aches because of this injustice.

Justine and I have been talking about getting married for some time now, as we have been together for almost 5 and a half years this month. For most of you who do not know me that's 1/4 of my life. Yes a 1/4 of my life I have been with one person. She is my high school sweetheart and love of my life and if you do not agree with my lifestyle, that's fine. We all love the same regardless. This past week we have been talking about starting a family when I graduate college. Starting a family has been something I have wanted to do since I was a baby myself. This time around we are committed. There are still 3 semesters that separate us from our goal of marriage and a family, but we are on our way.

Not only have I been contemplating my future with Justine, but my ultimate idea of what I want to be "when I grow up" has been changing, evolving, and transforming before my eyes. Although, Sacramento State, is taking away the web development certificate program due to budget cuts, I am still attempting to pursue that avenue of career. I have been interested in making websites for some time now, but finally dedicated myself to learning earlier this year. Not only has web design tickled my fancy, but I also want to create graphics such as vectors and other web graphics. At the time being I have been tampering with free programs such as PhotoScape, Ink Scape, and Gimp. I am currently taking a class at my university as well to help hone my skills. Creating graphics and graphic design has been a passion of mine lately, a passion that has changed my mind about my future career. Of course I would LOVE to have my career be craft related and ultimately be the success of Charming Co. But, I would like to have a stable income and a "real" career.

This week I have a meeting with my major advisor, who will either confirm or transform my goal. There needs to be some major decisions made and I am ready to finally make them. I cannot wait, and I am more than excited to get this ball on the road. And from the bottom of my heart I thank every one of you who reads this blog and keeps me going in this venture of the unknown.

:D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's intense. I can't wait to get the ball rolling with marriage and our family.
I love you baby!

amgspot said...

keep on truckin kiddo. i, myself, hope obama changes the prop 8 thing for the entire country.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online