Sunday, February 22, 2009

Crazy kitties

Last night Justine and I took a car ride out to Manteca to visit my parents. While we were there just sitting around, my mom urgently called me to the garage. I ran over and she was kneeling in the garage peering under my dad's golf cart. The family cat, Freddie, was meowing and howling and growling all at once.

My mom lowered herself even more and said, "Erika there's another animal under the cart, you're aunt thinks its another cat but I don't want it in here."

"Mom, what are you talking about?"

I had no idea what was going on and all I could tell, Freddie was pissed. Justine came in the garage and brought the family dog, a 7 year old Golden Retriever, Rex. Rex sniffed the cart and whimpered and ran inside. Freddie was yelling louder and hissing so we called for my dad. He came in to get a flash light and while he was sitting in the cart rocking back and forth the other cat shot out from under the cart and lunged at Justine. She dodged out of the way and Freddie chased the cat into the neighbors yard.

The strange and yet funny part of this story is that Freddie is a smooth coat, black cat and the other cat that was hiding in the garage was a smooth coat black cat. It literally looked like Freddie's evil twin. Freddie came back to the garage shortly after the other cat's departure and we swiftly closed the garage door and settled back into our non-eventful evening.

There's never a dull moment at my parent's house.

Oh, BTW, my birthday is in exactly 1 week.
:D

Stumble It!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online